Arc remote examination and monitoring for care homes
Arc allows a clinician to remotely perform real-time comprehensive examinations on a patient. Clinicians can detect deterioration earlier and make accurate diagnoses avoiding unnecessary hospitalisation and clinician time that would have otherwise been spent on travel.
Arc offers an integrated stethoscope, blood pressure machine, pulse oximeter, thermometer and high definition camera for the ears and oropharynx.
CCGs across England trust Arc. Arc is part of NHSX’s National Innovation Collaborative programme.
Care home residents have complex needs with poor outcomes - 40%–50% more avoidable emergency A&E admissions than the general population.
- Accurate remote patient examination and detection of deterioration without increasing the workload
- Avoid A&E with objective clinician led examination capabilities
- Faster access to care for care homes
- 94% remote completion of consultations
- Rated excellent by patients and carers - 8.7/10
- Hundreds of Care homes and GPs use Arc
“If used to its full capacity, I envisage better quality assessments leading to reduced unwarranted A&E attendances and a better experience of care for residents as well as a better experience of giving care for clinicians”
Dr Jayesh Patel, Chair Director of the Lambeth GP Federation