Compass - Informed Patient Consent app
Research showed that £6.3million were paid in claims by Barts Health NHS Trust because of alleged uninformed consent, and an audit showed less than 1/3rd of patients completely understand their procedure. (2013-2018).
£144million was paid out across all NHS Trusts (2016-2018) where a failure to inform before consent was the cause. (Compass can support with resolving these matters)
Compass provides a real time personalised assessment of a patients risk prior to treatment – high accurate risk predictions for mortality and complications, to support truly informed patient consent, and/or optimisation prior to treatment.
• Informed patient consent.
• Personalised assessment of a patients risk prior to treatment – high accurate risk predictions for mortality and complications
• Triage of patients by doctors – provides an auditable record that the risks have been understood by the patient
• Patient optimisation – individualised patient risk analysis supports decisions on optimisation for better outcomes before referral
• Reduce harm and mortality – manage the patient’s individualised complication risks to reduce avoidable harm, mortality and associated costs
• Simple and Powerful – surgical assessments completed in around a minute and reports generated there and then
• Trustworthy – based on learning over 30 years, 120 million patient records, data from 46 countries, inputs from 300 hospitals, operating in 11 countries.
From a study carried out across 6 hospitals in the South East:
Other systems are more complex or have limitations (pre-operative assessment)
Nottingham Hip Fracture Score – mortality risk only/ acute illness not included/ last updated 2015
ASA – risk bands/ inter-rater reliability/ prognostic limitations with existing co-morbidities
SORT – mortality risk only/ relies on ASA
Almelo Hip Fracture score (AHFS) – mortality risk only/risk bands/ relies on ASA
P-POSSUM – over-estimates morbidity and mortality in higher risk patients
ACS – NSQUIP – incomplete dataset/ voluntary submissions
APACHE II, III – peri-op mortality risk based on first 24hrs ICU admission
Publications and case studies available on request - please contact us 020 8144 6967