Support for carers rewarded
TIER 2 APPROVED
The Carers Trust Fylde Coast works closely with NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Blackpool Council to provide services which support carers in the town. The work was shortlisted as a finalist in the ‘CCG Commissioning for Carers’ category in the Health Service Journal Awards 2015.
Partnership working highlights include:
- Employing young carers at the Carers Trust Fylde Coast and providing training and support
- Involving carers in the development of future services
- Providing a carers’ breaks service for those caring for someone with a mental health condition
- Supporting carers of those with dementia, including grants for items in the home
- Volunteering opportunities for carers
- Supporting young people living in families affected by substance misuse
- Providing work experience for young adults with learning disabilities
Staff from NHS Blackpool CCG and Blackpool Council join the team at Carers Trust Fylde Coast and the united partnership promotes co-ordinated working.
For more information visit www.carers.org/local-service/fylde-coast